Learn to recognize the verbal and behavioral warning signs associated with suicide and what you should do if you or a friend needs help.
What are the warning signs?
- Your grades are dropping.
- You don’t enjoy the same activities that you once used to – things aren’t fun anymore.
- You’re sleeping too much or not enough.
- You’re eating too much or not enough.
- You feel hopeless.
- You feel very moody – one moment you’re happy and the next you are very sad.
- You constantly feel irritable, sad or angry.
- You have decided to gather pills.
- You have gotten access to a gun.
- You are now very interested or disinterested in religion.
- You are using drugs and alcohol to feel better.