Suicide touches everyone – all ages and incomes; all racial, ethnic and religious groups; and in all parts of the country.
Did you know?
- Indiana has the nation’s highest rate of students who have contemplated suicide (19%)
- 1 in 5 youth in Indiana have contemplated suicide
- Indiana has the nation’s 2nd highest rate of high school students attempting suicide (11%)
- 1 in 9 youth in Indiana have attempted suicide
- Males are 4 times more likely to die by suicide than females.
- Males most commonly use guns and other firearms
- Females are 3 times more likely to attempt suicide than males.
- Females are most likely to use poison
- Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death for youth 10-14
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for youth 15-24