PROTECT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH
With the many changes happening in your life, it’s important to consciously take steps to unwind and grow as an individual.
- Take things one day at a time. Create to-do lists and cross off items one-by-one.
- Go for a hike, head to the gym, practice meditation or take a jog around your neighborhood.
- Rest up – sleep for 7-9 hours each night.
- Eat healthy foods and avoid alcohol, drugs, smoking and caffeine.
- Seek support from family or friends.
- Celebrate and acknowledge your accomplishments. You don’t have to get everything right the first time.
The transition to adulthood can be a challenging time full of change. Know that you are in control, even when it may not feel that way.
Build healthy relationships where you can turn for support and try not to isolate yourself. Join a group or organization that shares your same passions, give back by volunteering your time or talents or go to a social or sporting event or religious service.
Call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline
If you or your child is experiencing a mental health crisis or medical emergency, call toll-free at 800.273.8255. You’ll be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7.
Connect with Community Behavioral Health Services
To schedule an appointment with a mental health professional in the Indianapolis area, call 317.621.5700.
Text "IN" to 741741
Connect with a trained mental health responder quickly and easily from your phone.